Senate Resolution No. 85, which was approved during last Tuesday's session chaired by Texas Lt. Governor David Dewhurst, said, “The Senate of the State of Texas is pleased to recognize Fethullah Gülen for his ongoing and inspirational contributions to the promotion of global peace and understanding.” The resolution said Turkish scholar, author, poet, preacher and educational activist Fethullah Gülen has inspired a worldwide social movement that promotes humanistic values and service, known as the Hizmet movement, or the Gülen movement.
“Based on the principle that each human being is of value, regardless of background, faith or culture, the Gülen movement offers a multifaceted approach to seeking world peace. It also places a strong emphasis on intercultural understanding and the embracing of differences; it values compassionate acts of care and concern; and it promotes the importance of education in laying the groundwork for fostering better [CONTINUES]
SEE ALSO :
- Press & Media - Washington Post, NY Times, Wall Street Journal, The Economist, Foreign Policy, The New Republic, Prospect, PBS TV, NPR Radio, The Age, Forbes, LA Times, Reuters
- The Necessity of Interfaith Dialogue by Fethullah Gulen
- A Movement Originating Its Own Models by Fethullah Gulen
- Mevlana Jalal al-Din Rumi by Fethullah Gulen
- BOOKS by Fethullah Gulen and on the Gulen Movemen
- PBS 'Religion & Ethics' : The Gulen Movement aired on US public television last Sunday
- Honorary President (F.Gulen) commended by resolution passed by Texas Senate
- Gülen movement challenges Islamophobia, contributes to peace
- Fethullah Gulen: Following in the Footsteps of Rumi by Thomas Michel
- 'Gülen movement makes Turkey more noticeable'
- Greek broadcaster praises contributions of Gülen movement
- Civic engagement, success and the Gülen movement
- VIDEO - Peace Through Education and Dialogue